We are currently recruiting for Decarbonisation Manager to join us in Siemens Mobility to lead, champion, facilitate and support the effective and proportionate management of the decarbonisation strategy across the Siemens Mobility business.
You will act as a topic expert adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, you will collaborate with colleagues to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence, and proactively engage in developing the business areas to equip them with the skills and behaviours necessary to support a proactive and engaged approach to decarbonisation management.
This is your role
- Act as a technical specialist on carbon and energy for the business and support the development and delivery of the SMO decarbonisation strategy
- Engage with internal partners to drive delivery against decarbonisation targets and report against them
- Undertake / Lead carbon and energy research projects in support of the strategy
- Inform the business of changing legislative requirements, government policy and industry standards on carbon and energy and undertake business impact assessments
- Engage with external carbon and energy groups (RSSB, NR, TfL etc.) to influence industry standards
- Coordinate the annual energy and carbon compliance schemes for Siemens Mobility UKI
- Champion, advise and support decarbonisation risk management throughout the business
- Facilitate development of positive partner relationships, implementation and delivery of relevant, proportionate and effective risk management activity
- Support and facilitate effective dissemination of both proactive and reactive decarbonisation communication across the business
- Provide specialist advice and support as required and manage issues and problems as they arise
What qualifications and experience will you need?
- Degree or diploma in environmental, social or sustainability field (carbon related degree would be preferred)
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (eg: IEMA, CIWEM, IES, Social Value UK)
- Current (or clear timeline to achieving) Practitioner Membership of IEMA (or equivalent)
- Proven experience in environment and/or social sustainability
- Someone who is a knowledge expert in decarbonization related topics and has experience working on carbon related projects / strategies
- Knowledge of the legislative drivers around decarb topic
- Ability to prepare high quality written documentation / reports
- Excellent communicator (at all levels) with influencing skills
- Experience within the construction and/or rail industry preferable but not essential
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time