We are seeking dynamic Embedded Software Engineers and Senior Embedded Software Engineers with expertise in System Programming to join our Automation Runtime Systems Research Group in Princeton, NJ. The right person will have a mix of research experience in software engineering, strong knowledge of embedded systems and a passion for industry! This position offers remote flexibility.
In the role as Software Engineer, you will
- Develop highly distributed embedded firmware and system software (C / C++) running on the Edge devices
- Develop sophisticated engineering software (C++ / C# / Java)
- Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components
- Work with technical leads, and in some cases lead a technical team, to develop new and innovative solutions
- Collaborate with research scientists and software engineers to successfully complete project tasks
- Utilize our technology to real-world problems in industry
- Build relationships with customers to understand software and business requirements
- Present technical results to customers and acquire new businesses
- Guide interns and junior employees in implementation and quality assurance
- BS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / related fields, MS preferred
- Embedded Software Engineers must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience. Senior Embedded Software Engineers must have a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Programming skills in C / C++
- Knowledge of (realtime) operating systems (e.g. Linux, VxWorks)
- Experience developing middleware, messaging systems, or communication protocols
- Real-world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Experience with IoT and Cloud systems
- Development experience on edge devices such as Arduinos
- Driver or OS kernel development experience
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.