Siemens Digital Industries (DI) Vertical Market Food and Beverage is searching for a Technical Account Manager to support expansion of our footprint within key Food and Beverage enterprise clients and associated supply chains. The objective of this role is to increase our market share in terms of products, solutions, and services of the divisions Digital Enterprise portfolio, consisting of Digital Industries and Smart Infrastructure (SI). You will work within a professional ecosystem and collaborate with strategic key account managers in the USA.
Food and beverage manufacturers must consider many factors: a consistently high level of product quality, maximum plant availability, optimum resource efficiency – and, increasingly, the greatest possible flexibility in order to meet more and more individual customer requirements. Mastering all these challenges today and in the future is possible only with digitalization. With the Digital Enterprise solution portfolio, we offer the products and solutions you need to integrate and digitalize your entire value chain fully or gradually.In this position:
- Generate incremental product, solution, and service business with the assigned accounts
- Strengthen the long-term customer relationship by building a joint technical collaboration
- Support the global entities of the assigned accounts technically
- Lead and support the complete value chain of end user account, supplying OEM’s and System Integrators in a presales fashion (Push-Pull)
As part of the account team, a frequent and strong interaction with the key account manager of the end user is required. In addition, strong internal company acuity is required with the Siemens business development and technical organizations that support the supplier communities of machine builders / OEM and System Integrators.
Although the core of the business opportunities is built around the Digital Industries portfolio the TAM is mandated to go beyond this and to bring portfolio items of other SI/DI business units into the solution if the opportunity allows. Consequently, he will be required to have a general technical knowledge in these fields. This refers particularly but is not limited to DI Factory Automation, Motion Control, DI Software and SI.Validated technical requirements:
- Design of technical concepts & architectures for Hybrid automation including all peripheral devices
- Technical consulting for the concepts and required collaborate with all parties involved, e.g. end user, OEM, system integrators.
- Design and tuning of suitable service concepts with DI Customer Service plus implementation
- Support the global roll-out of agreed concepts for process automation across end user, OEM and system integrator
- Planning and execution of technical presentations, trainings, and workshops with customers
- Facilitate Prove of Concepts and feasibility studies
- Support during pilots and prototyping
- Support the internal offering process
- Feedback customer mentorship and project experiences to the respective Siemens Portfolio Management
- Key Account Management, sales teams and business development organizations for OEM/SI supporting presales and project acquisition
- Portfolio Excellence Manager to feedback branch-specific customer requirements for products and systems
- Select suitable project staff and guide the Siemens project team including coordination with the supplying OEM/SI in order to fulfill the agreed project scope
- Define, agree, and track work packages; plan project kick-offs and breakthroughs; establish clear responsibilities and interfaces between all parties; supervise results in terms of quality, content, cost and time together with the project partners
- Establishment of User Requirement Specifications or review and improve existing ones; review in terms of technical and commercial feasibility
- Prepare decision proposals for management (customer and Siemens internally)
- Technical and commercial risk analysis during project bidding
- Stay engaged with the client during warranty period to coordinate correction and service
The specific position of Technical Account Manager Edible Oil & Bulk Food shall intensify the technical collaboration with dedicated global end users in the segment of Edible Oil. This shall lead to the introduction of Siemens Technologies like DCS and SCADA plus beyond into the account but also establish digital offerings like Cloud/Edge/AI at the global engineering centers of the assigned accounts.
It will require to coordinate selected lighthouse projects of the assigned accounts from the specification stage all the way to the implementation together with OEM and SI growing the Siemens share of wallet and optimally supporting the newly introduced portfolio items in the project.Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Optimally completed bachelor/Master of Electrical Engineering, mechatronic engineering or computer science or similar
- Long-year (>5 years) practical experience in the field of process automation in the functions engineering, sales support, project execution
- Experience and knowledge about the technological processes in Edible Oil/Bulk Food but also the methods how to execute projects in process automation, possibly gained by implementing projects at customers or process OEM
- Intensive experience in project management and engineering during execution of process automation projects with the established tools and methods (e.g. URS, FDS, FAT, SAT…) combined with hands-on experience at commissioning in international projects
- Certification and knowledge according to PM@Siemens is an asset
- Open demeanor and interest to collaborate with clients in innovative technical solutions but keeping the business development targets in focus
- Very comprehensive product and system knowhow for SiStar/PCS7/PCS Neo/Batch/Route Control/SIMIT/COMOS as well as SCADA, networks, process instrumentation, drives and application standards in the field of Edible Oil
- At least basic knowledge in the area of factory automation (TIA-Portal) and IT/OT integration
- Good overview knowledge of the DI/SI portfolio
- Good technical understanding about architectures in software design, communication protocols and machine data interfaces plus standard interfaces between modern software applications
- Good command of MS-Office environment
- Sales experience in the system and solution business
- Sophisticated moderation and presentation skills
- Business Language is English, command of Spanish and German is an asset
- Willingness to international travels
- Standout colleague – well communicating – driven by objectives – leadership – pragmatic and methodological proceeding – Initiative – quick to learn and analyze – strategic thinking – customer focus
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.