Customer Solutions Engineer
Building Robotics, Inc. is a Siemens-owned business founded in 2012, as Comfy | Enlighted. Our mission is connecting employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
About the Job
At Comfy | Enlighted, we sit at the interaction of technology, people and workspaces, making hybrid working possible for enterprise organizations. If you are someone that is passionate about technology, and interested in shaping the future of work, this role may be for you.
The role of the Customer Solutions Engineer is to provide technical expertise and strategic guidance to our customers, our customer’s selected vendors, and Enlighted account teams to drive successful implementation and expansion of Enlighted hardware, software, and data integrations. For certain key accounts, this role will establish a relationship with customer champions as an advisor to ensure that client feedback is heard, needs are met, and the best possible solution is implemented to meet client’s business needs.
Customer Solutions Engineers support complex technological solutions for businesses. They must have extensive knowledge of the products’ parts and functions and must understand the technical processes that make these products work.
- Provide configuration and implementation assistance for customers during solution deployment.
- Advise our customers in meeting network requirements to host the Enlighted IoT platform (e.g., managing security requirements, navigating compliance and certification requirements)
- Consult with a customer’s technical teams and network engineers to resolve issues seamlessly and efficiently.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to enhance our product and to implement fixes as needed.
- Address escalation, effective follow-up, and customer communications with Development & Engineering teams.
- Create consistent, scalable, and secure system and network architecture documentation.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to optimize and drive additional value or savings for existing customers.
- Manage technical relationships with select customers across multiple customer portfolios simultaneously.
- Provide key accounts with best practices, solutions to problems, and drive adoption and trust of Enlighted products.
- Contribute to the overall Customer Solutions team effectiveness by identifying and overcoming obstacles while implementing long term solutions.
- 2 - 5 years of Solutions Engineering, Sales Engineering, or other IoT Infrastructure experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related STEM field or equivalent experience
- Experience accessing, processing, and analyzing data via REST APIs or Web-Sockets
- Experience with any of the following scripting languages or similar: Python, Dash, Go, Shell scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of fundamental networking concepts/protocols: Routing and Switching, VLANs, IPv4/IPv6, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTPs, SSL, TLS, SSH, SSO.
- Data analytics and visualization experience
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Similar
- Ability to effectively understand customer technical requirements while interacting with both technical and non-technical people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity suites (Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in CRM software, Salesforce
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time – dependent on Siemens Covid-19 travel restrictions
Nice to have:
- SaaS sales experience, experience giving product demos, or presentation experience
- Ability to speak about public and private cloud infrastructure and virtualization technologies
- Good understanding of cloud based distributed systems and data center technologies
- Up to date knowledge of security testing & tools
- Hands on experience with SQL, Postgres, and/or network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of basic UNIX or Linux system commands
- Understanding of wireless networking (BLE, 802.11, 802.15.4) concepts, wireless spectrum, and frequency distribution
- Knowledge of IoT/embedded systems is a big plus
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA/CCNP), Security certifications (CCSP), Cloud certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP, Red Hat) are all a big plus.
- Familiarity with lighting, construction industry work practices and approaches.
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional) and lots of snacks
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.