Work with a team of architects, analysts and developers to design, develop and support a Java based quoting application. Several applications create the overarching quoting solution used both internally and externally and is highly integrated with SAP and SFDC. This individual should be able to not only develop code based on new requirements, but comfortable with diving into unknown code anywhere from the initial input of the quote to the end of the workflow process, decipher what is occurring, and provide a solution when needed. This is very much a team environment but needs to be self-motivated.
- Analyze, develop, test, and deploy required code to accommodate requirements set by Siemens DI SW business.
- Strong understanding of web architecture and development
- Post-deployment, provide resolutions or work arounds to support questions or issues
- Provide second tier application support
- Follow up with end user to resolve issues or provide work arounds
- Identify bugs and big fixes and create JIRA tickets to track
- Ability to dig into application code, track down issues, ability to code/develop and build/deploy the necessary fix within our existing environments
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Team oriented, but needs to be self-motivated
- Solid written and oral communication skills
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 5+ years working experience in Java software development
- Experience building highly scalable, high performance, highly integrated web applications.
- Solid experience in Springboot / Spring, Hibernate
- Experience building RESTful APIs (design, maintenance, consumption)
- Demonstrate understanding of microservice architecture
- Solid command of Object-Oriented programming and systems analysis procedures
- Experience in development and use of web services (i.e. SOAP, REST)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
- Works well independently and requires little or no supervision.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles and geographical time zones
- Must have advanced English language skills
- Preferred work locations are Mexico City, Monterrey, or Queretaro. Other locations or remote work may be considered.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Familiarity with Jira, Fisheye, Splunk
- Familiarity with Weblogic, AJAX, JSON
- Familiarity with development tools and build systems like Eclipse, Ant, Maven, Bamboo, GIT/BitBucket
- Familiarity with SAP and Salesforce SFDC
- Understanding of secure programming concepts
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:  siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time