Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Perform Application Engineering including understanding customer’s application, sizing & sections of equipment and System integration for AC/ DC VFDs & Motion Control technology for retrofit and replacement projects.
- Accurate creation of proposals / quotations and act as bid / proposal lead for Mining & Metal Industries, Oil & Gas, Cement plant, Wastewater, Automotive, Food & Bev, Pharma customers related to VFDs for Retrofit / Replacement projects and handling service level agreements for PM activity during outages.
- Define & implement the proposal/ quotation strategy to increase the win hit rate.
- Understand the Value-Added Services & digitalization portfolio that are vital for establishing partnerships with our customers in order to better understand their needs while providing them with a technical advisory solution.
- Stimulate sales growth by creating relationships with new customers and tightening relationships with existing customers. Specifically, the incumbent shall surpass the expectations of its customers and perform with a sense of urgency.
- Act as VFDs technical expert and provide support to other field staff and sales team. Recommend suitable technical option based upon familiarity with existing & potential products & digitalization services into proposals / Bids.
- Provide efficient technical support to the customer for cost effective operations of plant by studying various application and existing install base. Understanding of customer needs and issues related to their operations and maintenance.
- The incumbent must among other things understand how to determine, qualify, support, exploit the customer inquiry and efficiently assess the clients needs to ensure productive consultations.
- Supervise strategic account analyses with the sales team in an effort to develop action plans that can help us improve our position to find more business opportunities.
- Maintaining and enhancing the customer satisfaction. Working and networking with Engineering colleagues, disseminating the best practices.
What you will need to succeed
- 7+ years of prior experience in the low voltage Variable Frequency Drives system, Motors and Motion control systems.
- Excellent understanding of retrofit / replacement of industrial drive systems along with their applications
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in engineering or in a technical discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with sales aptitude
- Ability to manage time and resources as well as work within a team environment is essential for success in this role.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Energy Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.