Overview of the Intern Program:
The Smart Infrastructure (SI) Summer Internship Program gives the opportunity to learn about the Siemens Organization while offering full exposure to the SI organization! The intern will gain an understanding of nearly all departments, business lines and roles within SI, enabling the understanding of where and how you may best fit within our organization. Under the guidance of a designated mentor, the individual will be immersed in Siemens products, technologies and culture, discovering what makes our company a global leader.
Through this extensive program, SI Summer Interns can expect meaningful, significant experience in various areas of our business including Engineering, Project Management, Marketing, and Technical Sales. Throughout the 10-12 week assignment, there will also be opportunities to engage in regular Lunch and Learn activities and structured trainings, all while developing professional skills and capabilities.
Participants who optimally complete the internship program will be considered for full-time opportunities in the Sales Development Program and/or Operations Development Program within Siemens Smart Infrastructure on graduation.
Internship Start Date: Summer 2022
Locations are Nationwide
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Overall Cumulative GPA: 2.7 preferred but may consider 2.5 and above
- Education: Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited technical school, college or university
- Majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial/System Engineering, Industrial Distribution, Construction Management, HVAC, Management/Marketing/Sales with strong technical or engineering aptitude preferred (majors vary depending on location/position).
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from May to August
- Prior Internship or co-op experience
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Industry knowledge and/or interest
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.