Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand.
Join our team to make difference!
What part will you play?
Primarily responsible for the software test automation activities in product development life cycle.
You shall verify & validate DCS (Distributed Control System) functions through test automation procedure & scripts ensuring that control applications & functions are balanced. This includes reviewing, developing, testing and maintaining scripts for various functions.
• It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing through automated scripts.
• Develop test software for non-functional tests like performance, stress, load test etc.
• You will be responsible for test automation & its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that the software application aligns with implicit & explicit requirements.
• To review user/software requirements documentation with relevant partners.
• Specify & execute automation scripts based on analyzed requirements & test strategy.
• Automate test case using QFT (Quality first testing) using the programming language Groovy, Java.
• Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes. Embrace test design for test automation.
• To work on Version control like Git, Subversion.
• Understanding for build management e.g. Jenkins.
• Craft test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and Ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements.
• Build test reports including defect logging & test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
• Support team for analysis of bugs by making automation scripts.
Use your Skills to move the world forward
• B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or Electronics/Electrical with MCA.
• Test Automation Engineer with 1-3 years of experience in software test automation.
• You should have good programming skills (Preferred in Groovy, Java)
• Knowledge of Test Automation (concepts & goals) & Web/Desktop based product test automation.
• Experience in different kinds of test automation framework.
• Strong scripting experience in Python is essential.
• Experience in Regression, Load, Performance testing. (test design, test execution)
• Strong experience in any automation test tools (like, QTP, QF-Test, RFT.)
• Experience in process control application like DCS is preferred.
• Knowledge in Web technologies like HTML
• Some domain knowledge of power plant control software.
• Experiences with QTP, QFT.
• Experience in OOP programming language like Java.
• Proven team player, high on collaboration with partners.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds