Looking for exciting role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad proficiencies across the entire energy value chain and offers an outstanding comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Responsible for designing, modeling and drafting of Industrial Steam turbine components and assemblies in NX considering full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost efficiency, manufacturing ﹠ technology, assembly and service).
- Prepares and checks assembly drawings, detailed drawings, manufacturing sketches, layouts as per standards requirement and creation of Bill of materials
- Responsible for providing R&D support to Shop /site for evaluation of non-conformance reports and defines further measures & Troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and site issues.
- Performs studies to ensure proper form, fit, and function of parts and/or assemblies
- Responsible for providing R&D support to Proposal team for bidding purposes as and when needed.
- Involves experts in reviews, discusses design solutions, incorporates feedback and supports other projects by providing expertise. Documents knowledge by supporting and preparing design guidelines.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· M.Tech / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering preferably from IIT's (M.Tech.) and NIT's & other category A institutes (B.Tech.)
· 5-8 years’ prior experience in R&D / Engineering as Design Engineer
· Experience in Design and development of products following the product development cycle. Preferably steam turbines/ gas turbines or equivalent industry.
· Strong fundamentals in engineering design.
· Excellent skills in NX or Creo and Auto CAD Software
· Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
· Hands on experience of crafting 3D assemblies / Models / Drawings / SAP
· Basic understanding of structural integrity of components
· Experience of ensuring quality of work/ milestone adherence for self and associated design team
· Experience in troubleshooting - critical shop and site issues
· Knowledge of Quality Management system
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon/Vadodara, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and encouragement, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time