Do you want to help grow a market leading company at the forefront of digitalisation in a changing market?
YUNEX is the market leading road technology business in the UK, formally known as Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner. YUNEX UK is part of a Global YUNEX Traffic business and the UK organisation is an end-to-end business with manufacturing, R&D, Service, Projects and Sales in country, hence building positive relationships with partners across the business and globally is key to the business working well. The market is changing driven by both technology and changes in the public-sector customer base, so this is an exciting period for the industry where close long-term partnerships with customers is crucial together with the ability to innovate not only our technology but also our commercial offering.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our successful team will maintain and improve supplier quality for the UK Yunex Traffic business across our Manufacturing and Field Service organisations. As a member of the procurement team, they will implement SQM requirements regarding preventive actions, technical specifications, auditing, qualification and development of suppliers, while acting as the SQM contact in cross-functional teams.
What are my responsibilities?
· Applies preventive quality methods aimed at risk minimization. Designs, maintains and improves specific quality requirements, specification and concepts based on supplier categorization.
· Qualifies and approves suppliers in cooperation with Commodity Managers, and plans and executes supplier audits including follow up of audit measures.
· Collaborates in the creation of technical specifications and coordinates product/service qualifications and approvals for suppliers based on specific requirements / specification.
· Creates and negotiates quality assurance agreements and monitors implementation in supplier processes.
· Drives performance and continuous improvement management and collaborates in supplier development programs.
· Implements complaints managements to detect and analyse non-conformance and communicates with supplier. Supports sustainable problem solving and root-cause analysis.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Experienced Supplier Quality Engineer within a manufacturing or engineering environment
· Extensive supplier audit experience - certified to ISO19011 or equivalent preferred but not essential
· Expert knowledge of ISO9001 quality management system and its application
· Practical knowledge of production technology e.g. industrial level electronics assembly or manufacturing
· Demonstrated approach to the application of quality methods and analytical tools e.g. APQP, Six Sigma, RCA, 5Y, 8D etc
· Track record of early engagement and close collaboration in new product development with Product Lifecycle Managers and R&D.
· A good knowledge of Procurement processes and experience working alongside Commodity/Category managers.
· Must be willing to travel when required.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time