At Siemens Mobility we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
As part of Siemens Mobility, the Rail Systems
Division (RL) employs approximately 1000-1500 employees in Sacramento, CA and
is part of the Siemens global Rail Systems Division
The RL product offerings include light rail vehicles, electric locomotives, diesel-electric locomotives, passenger coaches, and high speed trains. Core manufacturing processes include extensive carshell welding activities, bogie fabrication and assembly, electrical subassembly, finishing and paint, and final assembly.
The Production Planner (Engineering Services Specialist) has the primary responsibility to create and maintain manufacturing bills of materials (based on released Engineering drawings and bills of materials) and ensure that the build order, technology, supply-chain process, production capabilities, and baseline production dates is entered into the MRP/ERP system correctly. The production planner is to interface with other key departments to collect key information relevant to their scope and apply it accordingly.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Participates in implementation and maintenance of Engineering Change Notice System for product improvements, repairs and new product development.
- Works within MRP / ERP systems to add, remove, modify, and troubleshoot datasets.
- Structures (create and sequence) a set of manufacturing bill of materials for different stages of manufacturing rail vehicles (requires a basic knowledge of the manufacturing processes, terminologies, and concepts).
- Creates MBOMs and MBOM structures, assigning the appropriate work centers to each work order to define the correct material delivery zones, and assigning the appropriate cost centers to define the correct labor cost allocations.
- Be able to read Engineering Drawings and BOM’s to develop Manufacturing BOM’s.
- Understands how “Bills of Materials” are structured and used with a work order system including setting up time standards, lead times, lead time offsets, and their effects on supply and demand.
- Adjusts bills of materials based on in-source, out-source, outside router, and phantom structures based on business need.
- Takes a “hands on” approach to production planning including supporting production, manufacturing /industrial engineering, supply chain, enterprise scheduling, and design engineering to resolve bill of material / supply & demand issues.
- Realizes the impact of MBOM changes to the business and customer departments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma
- 1 to 3 years experience working with multiple BOM types (BOMs, EBOMs, MBOMs), ideally in a low volume - high mix and engineered to order manufacturing operation, or 1 to 3 years experience in a construction related field preparing work plans and quantity takeoffs.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Work experience (including number of years: 0 to 3 years)
- Knowledge, skills, or expertise: JD Edwards, SAP, Other MRP/ERP Systems
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Must be able to work in team environment
- Good communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering / Construction Management, Management of Information Systems, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technician or AA degree.
- Certifications: American Production and Inventory Control Society Certification – APICs, Certified in Production and Inventory Management Certifications - CPIM
- Past experience: 3 to 5 years experience working with BOM’s and reading of drawings.
- Further develops department procedures to improve business and engineering transactions.
- General understanding of lean principles and waste elimination in a manufacturing setting.
- Advanced Excel Skills, Windchill, K2 Work Flow, Data Analysis and Reporting.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.