Leading a team of security sales professionals who sell solutions and service tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. Primary customers will be end-users, constructions managers, general contractors and electric contractors. Deliver value through cultivating existing relationships and creating new customers with Siemens Security Solutions and Service. Develop direct reports to achieve commitment to Siemen’s philosophy and customer satisfaction, as well as to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget. Be the front-line seller who drives sales, identifying and generating opportunities for different kinds of customers. You will foster client satisfaction by maintaining regular customer contact and managing customer expectations. You will develop customer relationships through self-marketing to new and existing customers in the consulting, contracting, and end-user markets. Furthermore, you will develop and maintain service contracts and services to the customer base. You will provide education of Siemens products through technical presentations. You will maintain and provide reports and opportunity status using our customer relationship management system as input on forecasting of opportunities.
- In addition to sales leadership responsibilities this is a working sales role which will directly interact and sell Siemen’s security solutions and services to the customer and will have their own individual quota responsible for.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sale to operations turnover and monitor’s progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
- Managing employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills, including communicating goals
- Reviewing proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards and professional quality to meet customer and company objectives
- Assisting employees in determining market price, identifying resources, and assessing future potential business
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace, customers, and decision influencers, across the region, segments and verticals within the region.
- Identify new business opportunities to grow in new markets or adjacent segments and develop business plans along with “go to market” strategies that help pave the way for long term profitable growth.
- Design security solution and service programs to meet the customer requirements and provide best overall value.
- Collaborate with the other sales divisions team to plan, target and acquire new projects and accounts.
- Develop a strong operational working relationship with the other sales teams to leverage their existing sales channels and opportunities.
- Ability to drive business in both to both the end user customer as well as through the standard construction channel.
- Develop and deliver a strategy to drive Siemens manufactured products into the market.
- Develop and deliver a strategy to drive the Siemens hosted and managed access control and video cloud-based offering offerings to the market.
- Direct sales responsibility for the full range of security products, systems and solutions in assigned territory and will work with the team to help drive sales synergies for the key growth initiatives, drive execution plans for key segments and verticals, further develop existing accounts and relationships as well.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Required experience: Five years of sales experience in security or a related field
- Required travel: 15%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidate with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will be considered
- 8+ years of sales experience, including 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility within a similar building automation industry
- Local market and industry knowledge
- Extensive experience within a Sales role within the Security or LV field, ideally within the Construction industry
- A proficient understanding of key sales principles and best practices
- Excellent team and communication skills
- An ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
- An ability to influence across a broader organization
- An ability to influence customers, while maintaining healthy relationships
- Significant experience in selling products and services
- Deep technical expertise
- Understanding of the Siemens value proposition as well as the competitive landscape
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.