Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
The OT Cyber Consultant / Defense Engineer position will be located in Fredericton, New Brunswick working from our brand-new Siemens Cyber Security Defense Centre. We will offer financial support for relocation to the Fredericton area. This is the first and only dedicated Operational Technology (OT) Security Operations Center (SOC) in Canada with a focus on the protection of critical infrastructure of the industry verticals that have been classified as being essential to the health, safety, security or economic well being of Canadians. The Siemens SOC is a pioneer in the provisioning of managed security services to organizations making use of operational technology in Canada and is currently positioned to be a global Centre of Competence.
- Support and/or lead customer projects in critical infrastructure sectors (energy, transit, manufacturing)
- Assist in pre-sales in the role of a technical expert to work with our customers to determine their need for security services and design practical solutions
- Participate in and lead research projects that develop new and innovative approaches to Cyber Defense; develop proof of concept implementations to show feasibility in relevant OT industrial domains, and support integrating the new concepts into operations
- Collaborate with other topic matter experts within Siemens and maintain a network into industry to exchange ideas and understand how an advancing state of the art gets integrated into the existing operations model
What will you need to succeed?
- 3 - 5 years of hands-on experience in OT cyber defense, e.g., in consulting, security monitoring & attack detection, incident response & forensics, or security engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering, or other relevant area required. Master’s degree is a strong advantage.
- Excellent up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge/experience in current attack methods, detection approaches, state-of-the-art detection tools (e.g., SIEM, anomaly detection, etc), protection concepts (defense-in-depth, network protection, endpoint protection, cloud protection)
- Previous OT experience required
- Experience in the utility (power, gas, water), O&G, or transit sector, a significant plus
- Relevant security certifications such as GICSP, GRID, GCIP, CISSP
- Analytic problem solver with client-facing experience and a strong hands-on and can-do attitude
- Ability to drive projects by themselves and willingness to support team members on other projects
- Willingness to travel up to 20% domestically/internationally
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.