Siemens PLM Software has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer to design and run automated scripts for testing Cloud Applications. As a Software Engineer, you will also work on a scrum team testing new Cloud Application features. Siemens operates in a fast-paced environment using agile methodologies, promotes innovation and encourages engineers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
- Design, develop and run End-to-End Test Automation
- Work on a scrum team supporting automated scripts to test web-based, CAD applications
- Submit problem reports that report software defects, identify root cause, and document problems completely and accurately
- Develop automation for performance measurement, load and scale testing.
- Perform tasks required for testing including review acceptance criteria, create integration/regression test scenarios, implement data management strategy, and generate required reports including automation results
- Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group.
- Work without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics, or other related discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience in software development
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions such as EC2, S3
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge and experience using Webdriver.IO, Browserstack and GitLab
- Experience in test automation development, using frameworks and tools like Appium, Cucumber, Postman as well as REST/JSON APIs.
- Knowledge of CAD and Document Management systems
- Knowledge of Agile development techniques and process
- Experience or knowledge with aspect(s) of computer security: network security, application security, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to critique work of self and others constructively
- Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to break code and stress test it
- The ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.