Are you captivated by the complex physics phenomena in the world around you? Join the team that builds the highly scalable, general purpose, multi-physics simulation application: Simcenter STAR-CCM+!
We provide an end-to-end user experience with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools in a single application. We are building the tools that will improve the products of tomorrow. Our customers rely on our solution to inform their design decisions and build a better future.
*This role can be based in the UK, CZ, USA, Germany or India (Pune)*The Interoperability Team Needs Your Help...
We are looking for a software engineer to help build communication and execution links to other CAE applications. Through these links, we empower ever increasingly sophisticated simulations that extend beyond what Simcenter STAR-CCM+ can achieve on its own.
A Day in the Life of a CAE Developer...
- Contribute to architectural design discussions, participate in peer-based reviews, build new features, perform root cause analysis and improve our current code base.
- Collaborate closely with a large, distributed team of developers, quality assurance engineers, managers, and support services to gather requirements, design, implement, test and deploy CAE interoperability features.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team conference calls to contribute ideas that drive innovation and communicate project status.
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and BitBucket.
Skills That Will See You Succeed On Our Team...
We require the following:
- At least 3 years of professional development in a related field with a Master’s Degree (or commensurate experience) in a computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or related field.
- Proficiency in C++, object-oriented software development, modern design patterns and principles (e.g., SOLID principles) and an understanding of algorithmic complexity.
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly, present data concisely, and balance multiple tasks with minimal guidance.
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, BitBucket, Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.)
It is beneficial if you have the following experiences:
- Experience with fluid structure interaction (FSI) problems and CAE applications.
- Experience developing socket communication, parallel programming, and file import/export for co-simulation
- Proficiency in Python
If you are debating whether to apply, we would encourage you to do so!
Ultimately there is no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we encourage the diversity of thought that different backgrounds will provide.
- object oriented || OO
- design patterns
- computational fluid dynamics || CFD
- fluid solid interactions || FSI
- computer aided engineering || CAE
- finite element || FE
- finite volume || FV
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time