We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Ever thought about doing something meaningful to our society? As a Software Architect at Siemens SI Building Products Fire Safety, you will work within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial Fire Protection market. You will be responsible for digital representation of new platform-based products to satisfy our customers’ needs.
Your new responsibilities
- take responsibility for identifying and specifying user scenarios through the whole product lifecycle and across all components for next generation fire systems
- specify data architecture and storage technology (scalability, extensibility, lifetime), including data handling processes, identify and train key data users to ensure high data quality
- design and implement APIs and code generators for seamless integration of device description data with component SW, automated test systems, field tools, etc.
- support your project manager with new concepts, competitor analyses, reporting and concerning the communication of project results towards management and our customers
- work in a strong team of software and hardware developers
- specify necessary architecture and test documentation for integration, product and system test phases in product development lifecycle.
- work proactively and self-standing with internal and external customers, other departments in R&D, and suppliers
- make use of a global network with developers in all our R&D locations to find efficient solutions for a global market
Your skills and experience
- have sound knowledge on SW-architecture and development
- are curious and positive about working in an intercultural environment in a global enterprise
- have a degree BSc/MSc in computer science or electrical engineering with a major in software engineering
- can motivate people, you are enthusiastic to work self-organized and like to get things done
- know German and English to get along with local and remote colleagues
- like to speak and read C++ and Python, as our tools and products will only know these languages
- If you are already familiar with product development in a mass-production environment, this could help you to onboard quickly
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time