Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Please note that this role can temporarily be based remotely but there is an expectation to move to Knoxville, TN.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Applications Engineer
In this position the employee will provide the following services to support production of PET biomarkers at PETNET manufacturing facilities:
- Design and develop improvements for released products, processes and equipment used in the production and testing of PET biomarkers, including aids and optimization to increase batch success rates.
- Interface with Process Engineering, Quality, Technical Support and Training to ensure a smooth transition along the lifecycle of a new product implementation.
- Install and qualify production and quality control equipment to enable the production of biomarkers
- Provide implementation services to enable the production and testing of PET biomarkers
- Perform on-site applications training and oversight for processes and analytical methods for new and existing biomarkers
- Review data generated from implementation batch productions to ensure accuracy of results.
- Review, revise and/or develop technical documentation utilized in biomarker production, quality control and equipment maintenance
- Implement new production processes and analytical methods used to prepare and test existing biomarkers
- Provide Tier 2 biomarker technical support and compliance oversight at assigned PETNET sites
- Provide start-up services for new PET manufacturing facilities
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Scientist I with
our Implementation Team, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure site implementations have all necessary materials and equipment on site, on time, either directly or by interfacing with other departments.
- Ensure quality expectations for the company are met, communicating in a timely manner issues that require input from other departments.
- Issue change controls where required in a timely manner to ensure all departments are prepared for the proposed change/implementation being initiated.
- Complete assigned trainings and maintain qualifications to ensure readiness to support implementation efforts.
- Assist sites in identifying failures and completing investigations on products in the implementation phase.
- Assist in investigations and analysis of the most complex field problems.
- Track and review performance metrics to identify equipment and process problems
- Prioritize identified problems and develop solutions to improve productivity and customer satisfaction
- Track and maintain assets (e.g. equipment, parts, tools, software, etc.)
- Participate in the design recommendations for alternatives or changes to the most complex customer specifications and/or processes to better match company products to customer needs and to improve productivity.
- Assist in the interpretation and evaluation of the most complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS degree in chemistry, engineering or other science field or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent attention to detail in the execution of job responsibilities
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
- Up to 50% travel as required to perform job functions
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with 18F radiochemistry is preferred but training will be provided to an otherwise well-qualified candidate
- Experience with general radiation safety and hazardous material handling or similar technical experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in the production of PET biomarkers or commercial operations
- Experience working with complex analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC and TLC
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: PETNET Solutions, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.