The Energy Management MS Business Unit of Siemens is located near Raleigh, NC and is looking for highly qualified and energetic Engineers for our Air Insulated Switchgear team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with guidance from a Mentor and Sr. Engineer to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of Medium Voltage switchgears. Typical documents include:
- Panel arrangement
- Electrical schematics
- Three line drawings
- Wiring diagrams
- Nameplate schedule
- Develop knowledge of Engineering Base CAD software to complete drawings.
- Under supervision, visually compare design of component, or other equipment with drawing of parts, matching coordinating points for accuracy of fit.
- Work with the factory manufacturing team and your mentor to diagnose and resolve engineering issues.
- Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills in the English language; must be fluent in English.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements with guidance from Mentor.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
- Considered a plus but not required:
- 1+ years of Electrical design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms.
- Electrical design/drafting experience with Engineering Base (Microsoft Visio) and/or AutoCAD Electrical
- A Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of power systems.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
- Experience creating and working with CAD smart blocks
- Experience with electrical design for medium voltage switchgear
- Working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in medium voltage power distribution products
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.