Digital Grid Business Unit
The Digital Grid Business Unit covers comprehensive solutions ranging from planning tools to grid control solutions. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
In this global position, you will support the Siemens Digital Business Unit with a focus on the Grid Control business segment.
The Service Portfolio Manager is responsible for the systematic development and optimization of service offerings, including their successful roll-out across the Americas. This position reports to the global head of Delivery.
What part will you play?
- Definition of competitive Service Offerings including the generation of relevant Business Cases
- Creation of Marketing and Sales-support documentation
- Supporting an efficient service delivery by preparing technical blueprints (e.g. Workflows, Work Instructions)
- Responsible for the commercial success of the assigned service offerings during their whole lifecycle, in collaboration with the regional entities, sales, service account management and service delivery
- Supporting improving the serviceability of future Grid Control products by closely cooperating with our Product House during product development
- Creation and refinement from Service-Portfolio roadmaps based on the continuous gathering and tracking of customer requirements and market trends
- Direct intensive collaboration with selected end customers to test and roll out new service offerings
What you need to make real what matters
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or product marketing.
- Product lifecycle management for 5 years, preferably in software industry.
- Experience in the utility industry on the grid control side with either the transmission or distribution solutions.
- Knowledge for creating actionable insight from data made available from digital sales tools e.g. which sales collateral, training sessions, sales presentations, references are being used by sales in which regions
- Proven ability to create reports that support sales management and marketing decision making
- To find your way in your international environment you bring fluent English and Spanish (not mandatory) language skills. Other language skills such as German would also be a plus.
- Proven communications skills with a demonstrated ability to research, analyze, plan and execute in the areas of: message development, strategic planning, demand generation campaign development and execution, meetings management, and communications effectiveness measurement.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated expressive writing style and fluent in English language.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Experience with social media tools and digital marketing and communications platforms
- Openness and creativity regarding new ways and approaches to marketing in the arena of Digitalization.
- Integration into global team requires flexibility to work across time zones, often in early hours (Central European time zone).
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
Make real what matters.
We provide the power to bring heat and light to our cities. That way we not only contribute, but actively drive the energy revolution for a better and greener future. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons. True specialists that do not lose sight of the big picture.
You will be working in a forward-thinking delivery environment open to your ideas to advance software selling and delivery. With a growth mindset you can continuously develop yourself and build a global network that can open doors to further career development.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
If you are looking for a career that will contribute to shaping the future of tomorrow, that will impact the sustainability of the energy industry and are interested in working side by side with the brightest minds in the industry— let’s talk!
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.