The growth of our Technical Promoter / Consultant roles/ application engineering is an essential strategic investment in our business. Working together with the Sales Team, this technical expert role will be responsible for communicating with customers for product and systems value and differentiators, preparing and executing Relay Protection, Control, Monitoring and Automation product and system demonstrations to the EPC and Design Consultants for the Industrial & Infrastructure & Datacenter Businesses. This role will develop, drive and prescribe innovative Protection, Control, Monitoring(SCADA/PMS/ENCMC/MGC) and Automation solutions within the US market, facilitating growth of the SIPROTEC and SICAM Product Brands with the end goal of having the product and system in the engineering standards of the Industrial Consultants and driving influence from the Industrial End Users and Hyperscale Datacenter accounts
Key Strategic aspects of the Job Function
- Bringing Thought Leadership in day to day engagement with the Industrial segment to share the value propositions associated with the Siemens Products and System Offerings( End to end for energy automation)
- Driving approvals of the SIPROTEC and SICAM portfolio and associated applications in the engineering and approval standards of EPC and design consultants
- Building a Pipeline of Projects and Systems specified with Siemens SIPROTEC and SICAM portfolio by building relationships with the EPC and design consultants,
- Application expertise with solutions related to Siemens EA products, including power management, load shedding, interfacing with generation controls, communications protocols, network topologies, IEC 61850.
- Driving Siemens Brand affinity in Key Industrial segments – IT and Telecommunication , O&G, WWTP, F&B, Automotive, Metals and Mining
- Fostering Relationships and building competency on Siemens platforms with the Channels associated with the Engineering Consultants and End Users
Key Operational Aspects of the Job Function
- Fostering Collaboration with the Industrial Sales Teams and the Energy Automation Product and System Business Developers in the assigned region
- Enabling Sales to build opportunity pipeline for products and systems by enhancing the specification activity with EPC Design Consultants and associated Industrial End Users to get the product in the standards
- Supporting Sales with expert level engagement in Industrial Segment(EPCs,End Users and Channels) to qualify leads into RFQs and order income
- Training and competency enhancement on Siemens platforms to engineering AEs in the Consultants Segment and their associated Channels
- First point of contact for the EPC/ Design consultants and Sales in the assigned region for all application related questions – prompt responsiveness to ensure high NPS for assigned region
- Representing Siemens in Various conferences and Industrial forums to create brand affinity ( via White Papers, Journals or addressing forums )
- Strong competency in end to end solutions from the Energy Automation perspective – Protection Relays, Automation RTUs, Power Quality, PMS/EMCS, HMI Systems
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering / Power Systems
- 5 + years of Core Protection and Automation experience in Commissioning, application engineering, Projects with a strong endeavor to influence customers with technology
- Strong customer service and building positive relationship skills, with prior direct customer experience
- Extremely partner-focused, proactive and effective within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with soft skills on Microsoft office packages
- Flexibility to travel upto 50 % with full discretion to plan customer interface and travel schedules depending on regional demand
- Skills with AUTOCAD, Visio will be preferred for designing network architectures for solution selling
*this is a remote position - it can be anywhere on the east coast
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.