The Supply Chain Management Regional procurement organization at Siemens provides innovative solutions to procure indirect material and to support other local requirements for Siemen’s businesses. The sourcing specialist to work in our US team in a flexible work environment with diverse exposure to all Siemens operating divisions and corporate units. The role will be based in our Alpharetta, GA or Orlando, FL location.
We're looking for a motivated team player with a positive attitude who can generate value for the team and procurement function with a focus on customer care. You will be capable of finding opportunities, mitigating risk, and enjoy the excitement of developing & implementing solutions in a growing but challenging and fast paced industry supporting multiple Siemens divisions. Relationship management, customer service, and strategic sourcing of indirect materials will be part of the day-to-day duties as well as partnering with the local teams to help ensure seamless day-to-day business continuity.Job Responsibilities:
Participates in semi-complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits according to the defined Indirect Material procurement policy.
Resolves semi-complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
Participates in updating project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases.
Participates in the negotiation of prices, terms and quality requirements, prepare requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources, evaluates market conditions. Solicits cost reduction ideas from suppliers and initiates follow-up action to implement these savings for the company.Key Responsibilities include:
- Implement Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials
- Implement and ensure usage of defined procurement methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems)
- Monitor the market conditions to create a basis for deciding the optimum sourcing strategy and cooperate with the best suppliers for assigned commodities and local requirements
- Define and implement Procurement & Commodity strategies based on conducted demand, market and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality
- Assist in overall procurement process - supplier Quotations, Statements of Work, Contract extensions, vendor set-up, professionally and strategically support Siemens RFx process, review and process shopping carts with proper documentation and ESN codes, etc.
- Prepare and conduct negotiations for medium to high Purchasing Volumes to acquire the highest feasible savings
- Generate, document, and implement savings for Siemens which will contribute to the success of the business
- Manage and/or assist in contracting process – Negotiate prices, terms, renewal requirements with domestic and international suppliers’ products and services (e.g: IT Software)
- Support Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification); update supplier evaluation systems to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency
- Close cooperation with Internal Siemens customers to ensure customer care and early involvement
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the procurement field, with Indirect Materials experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field, required
- Experience with System and process orientation: Advanced Excel / Access / PowerPoint
- Strong desire to promote positive change
- Strong communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to customers, peers and management
- Ability to interact with multiple customers/ divisions
- Ability to negotiate requirements and analyze purchase volume
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness for domestic or international travel up to 20% (Post Covid)
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Supply Chain Management
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.