Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The Marketplace is at the heart of the Mendix developer community. This is where our Makers can find, use and share components. Our team is responsible for the development and operation of the Marketplace and managing the large number of components on-boarded from our user community and growing ecosystem of customers and partners.
The Position: Marketplace Foundation – Product Manager:
Are you passionate about how multi-sided platforms foster an ecosystem of customers and partners? Does the thought of building the foundation of a thriving low-code Marketplace excite you?
If yes, we’d like to hear from you as we are evolving the Marketplace to increase customer value by offering app services, solutions and components directly integrated to the Mendix all-in-one low code platform.
To lead us forward, we are looking for an experienced, technically savvy product manager to ensure we’re building a robust and scalable foundation to support our rapidly growing Marketplace. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the team by owning the provisioning, entitlement, metering, and monetization services of the platform.
- Collaborate with the unit management team and product management team to define a roadmap for the foundational services which is aligned with the Marketplace vision and strategy
- Having great interpersonal skills will help you work with product managers, software delivery managers, developers and designers to execute the roadmap, clarify requirements and identify dependencies on other parts of the product portfolio
- Ensure product releases are properly supported with the whole product experience in mind, including topics such as documentation, training materials, sales demos and collateral
- Support roadmap proposals by data-driven analysis
- Maintain the team backlog by authoring Stories, and grooming and prioritizing the backlog
- Deliver world class services meeting non-functional requirements such as availability, scalability, security
- Focus on lean delivery and incremental milestones
- Ideate, research and co-create innovative concepts with cross-functional teams which lead to new solutions
- Support Marketplace ecosystem growth by collaborating with product marketing, expert services, customer success managers and sales
- Work alongside the unit UX researchers and product designers to ensure an outstanding user experience for the Marketplace
Desired skills and experience:
- 3-5 years product management experience
- Experience with Agile product management & Agile software development
- Experience working on enterprise products with knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures, Microservices and shared software concepts
- Pro-active and act when needed without needing specific instructions
- A team player with a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- The ability to inspire and motivate colleagues through your customer focus and innovative mindset
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering or Business-related studies with a demonstrable technical competence developing cloud services
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles, and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Experience of managing requirements in a system such as Jira
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time