At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Industry Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division, is a leading global provider of software, systems and services for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM). With our range of high-performance industrial software, we help manufacturing companies increase the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and bring new products to market faster.
Global Delivery Network (GDN) is the organization within Siemens Industry Software responsible for global delivery of PLM and MOM services. As a result of a rapid growth and business needs GDN decided to complement its main delivery center in India with nearshore centers around the globe (USA, Mexico, Poland & Malesia).
We are looking for candidates who would contribute to further development of our Software as a Service practice within our Delivery Center in Wroclaw.
What are my responsibilities?
- Plan and manage medium to high complexity production support tasks and activities that require subject matter knowledge regarding general application and infrastructure support (e.g., incident, change, problem management, controls, monitoring production processing) and ITIL framework.
- Execute runbook instructions and escalates unresolved issues to proper stakeholders
- Monitor application as per monitoring tools and escalates/takes appropriate actions based on the alerts received
- Promptly acts on the calls received from PagerDuty to ensure there are no escalations on his/her area of work
- Follows the established and approved support model
- Monitor Managed Services & SaaS Operations Infrastructure
- Review monitoring alerts and assign those to the respective project teams
- Work in very international environment
- Work in “running” shift mode.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-6 years L1/L1.5 Support experience, with at least 3 years supporting a customer Production instance
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud hosting
- Basic Linux and Windows Operating System knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English at B2 level. German, French or other European Language at B1+ level is a significant advantage.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
- Good organization and communication skills. Strong aptitude for attention to details.
- Knowledge of PC usage and related software packages (e.g. outlook, browsers, SharePoint, Office Suite).
- Experience with ITIL framework, industry delivery and support standards and processes, knowledge management systems, contract metrics and SLAs and ITSM tools.
- Experience with application support and business operations
- Team player
- Learning attitude - willing to learn new things.
- Reach out to GTAC for Product Issues and raise IRs
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Willingness to work in shift mode and perform sporadic on-call duties during the weekends and holidays.
What we offer?
· Competitive salary and benefits (Lunch Subvention, Holiday Allowance, Medical Care, Sport Card, Life Insurance).
· Extra paid vacation days.
· Work on the large PLM & MOM implementations for the customers around Europe.
· Comprehensive training in Siemens PLM & MOM software products family.
· Access to newest IT technology and global PLM & MOM experts for consultancy.
· Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens) not a partner company.
· Interesting and challenging career path within Siemens.
· Support with relocation (candidate outside of Wroclaw).
Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time