We are seeking a Research Engineer with strong research and software engineering expertise to join our Automation Runtime Systems Research Group in Princeton, NJ. The right person will have a mix of research experience in software engineering and strong knowledge of industrial automation systems!
In the role as Research Engineer, you will
- Research on the industrial data and control infrastructure for the automation systems of the future
- Apply research and working knowledge to solve real world industrial challenges
- Work with Research Scientists and Software Engineers to build concepts and develop working prototypes
- Present technical results to customers and acquire new businesses
- Seek advocacy from appropriate Siemens’ business units on potential use cases
- Develop sophisticated engineering software
- Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of product components
Qualified candidates will have:
- MS required in Automation Engineering, Autonomous Systems, Software Engineering, Electrical engineering; PhD preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar research / software engineering roles
- Knowledge of industrial automation systems for discrete or process industries.
- Working knowledge with PLCs, drives, HMIs, or motion control systems for industrial automation.
- Proven skills in programming – C/C++/C#/Python programming
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Real world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do mentality.
- Working knowledge of industrial IoT connectivity frameworks, such as DDS, OPC-UA
- Working knowledge of data management solutions for industrial data on Edge and Cloud
- Experience of PLC/PAC programming (Siemens, ABB, GE, TI, etc.)
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.