Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they strive to understand what drives our customers. What is their environment or user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
As a Full Stack Cloud Developer at Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will collaborate across interdisciplinary teams to improve and develop Cloud and Edge software products for Smart Buildings. Working within our Cloud development teams, you will have the opportunity to apply Edge, Cloud and Web technologies in our products to enable smart buildings
In this role, you will be developing Siemens’ next generation building web applications.
Top 2 Critical Skills We Are Seeking
• Proven experience designing and contributing to full stack and Angular cloud applications with end-to-end quality code delivery
• Ability to collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment
What We Ask of You
• Proficient in design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for large building automation systems.
• Collaborate with product management and architects to understand and elaborate market requirements to propose and implement product designs.
• Develop and run automated tests using appropriate language or platform. Experience parallelizing e2e test execution (Cypress , Selenium, …) to further speed up CI/CD pipeline strongly desired
• Advanced understanding of quality attributes and their impact on software products, design, and development.
• Review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
• Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
• Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products based on thorough system impact analysis.
• Ensure that secure coding practices are followed
• Some travel may be required (~10%)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
• 4+ years of proven full stack and front-end experience developing cloud applications
• Proven experience developing with Angular/HTML/SCSS+/TypeScript
• Coding expertise in Java or Go strongly desired.
• Experience delivering quality code that is fully tested at both unit level and end to end, gated through a continuous integration pipeline
• Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup
• Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology
• Successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
• Competitive salary based on qualifications
• Health, dental, and vision plans with options
• Matching 401(k)
• Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Company cell phone and laptop
• Extensive product training and professional career development
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
• Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions