We at Yunex Traffic help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Yunex Traffic is seeking a Traffic Signal Foreman to join our project team in Tampa, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least three to five years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
The traffic signal foreman is responsible for the installation and upgrade of traffic signals and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) equipment as well the supervision and managing of crews and equipment. The work can include related maintenance repair, and ongoing operation works. Qualified applicants will have excellent troubleshooting skills working with a wide range of traffic signal and ITS equipment. Works independently and as part of a team to provide optimum levels of service to Siemens’ agency customers.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
• Minimum 3-5 years of recent, verifiable experience as a traffic signal maintenance technician.
• International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal II Certification or higher
• FDOT approved Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) certification.
• Journeyman Electrician License beneficial (Miami Dade County or Reciprocating County)
• Proven experience running crews
• Must be proficient with basic computer skills including excel, word, outlook, electronic devices, etc.
• Must understand the importance of meeting budgets, schedules, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, traffic signal plans/specifications and procedure manuals.
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Must be able to move supplies and equipment of up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with installation, repair, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights.
• Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test.
• May be required to get bucket truck operator certification.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Able to read and interpret plans
• Knowledge of Miami Dade County Traffic Signal and Specs Standards
• Basic knowledge of NEC standards
• Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots a wide variety of traffic signal equipment components and devices, such as traffic signal controllers, MMU’s, conflict monitors, vehicle detectors (e.g. inductive loops, video, magnetometer, microwave detectors), detector cards and racks, pedestrian crossing indicators, etc.
• Performs repair, removal, and replacement of traffic signal controllers and other equipment.
• Set’s up traffic control in high and low speed environments.
• Installs, maintains, and repairs cabinet wiring and intersection wiring.
• Completes reports and performs communications in accordance with company policy and local practices.
• Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
• Troubleshoots and Isolates of faults in units or components
• Field test of units or components; tests devices to ensure they work correctly.
• Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following established procedures.
Where permitted by applicable law,
Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on
job requirements and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.