Siemens Mobility Limited are recruiting for a Location Manager at our new rail manufacturing site in Goole. Be part of an award-winning company. We have been a leader for seamless, sustainable, reliable and secure transport solutions for more than 160 years. At Siemens Mobility Limited, we put our people at the centre of everything we do. Our employees voted us as one of the best places to work in the UK in the Glassdoor Employee Choice awards 2021. Join us to help build the future and make real what matters.
What are my responsibilities?
- Siemens Mobility Limited, Real Estate (SRE AM SMO) is responsible for all of Siemens’ mobility real estate activities – managing the company’s real estate portfolio, optimizing the utilisation of space, and overseeing the operation of its real estate holdings including all real-estate-related services, as well as having responsibility for leasing and disposing of real estate assets and implementing all construction projects Siemens Mobility wide.
- You will report to Siemens Mobility Head of Real Estate UKI as a Location Manager, responsible for the management of all real estate assets including external lease business within the respective portfolio
- You will also undertake management of client interface regarding location briefing, in reporting and any other task related to location management activities for Siemens Real Estate Mobility Hub UKI
Other key tasks will include:
- Customer relationship management and contact partner for all real estate related topics within your location portfolio, including representing the SRE AM SMO UKI pricing model and key financial, commercial and other KPI’s to the customers
- Responsible for the management of all real estate assets including external lease business within the respective locations with a focus on Siemens Mobility space and service requirements within the existing portfolio including full budget responsibility
- Realization of Mobility real estate strategy within your location portfolio in coordination with UKI and Western Europe Hub
- Management of your location portfolio according to SRE AM SMO standards & process & budget
- Initiation & coordination of approvals process for activities within your locations
- Driving continuous improvement of real estate cost for internal customers demonstration innovation, value add and saving, engage with lean activities across the portfolio
- Lead, support and facilitate real estate related services as well as steering and controlling supplier
- Contribution to and close collaboration with Western Europe Hub business lines, e.g. project life cycle, maintenance, transaction management and business development and management
- Ensure legal ownership representation to local authorities and total adherence to local statutory regulation and laws
- Regular reporting to and close cooperation & communication with Siemens Mobility business, including customer changes which may impact real estate strategy, timely reporting of space & occupancy changes, risk and opportunities, need for provisions impairments etc.
- Functionally lead and manage (within the location environment) supporting groups / sub-team members. Initiate and coordinate relevant activities and tasks within supporting groups, including handling group setup.
- Support the SRE AM SMO WE UKI in the overall management of Risk & Opportunities and Claim Management.
- Conduct own work in compliance with internal Siemens Mobility Real Estate standards e.g. in regard to Quality, EHS, processes etc.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Advance management skills and expertise
- Portfolio / Relationship management experience and demonstrable leadership skills
- Knowledge of real estate market of the area within your portfolio and UK as well as mechanism & tasks
- Knowledge in multiple Corporate Real Estate disciplines, e.g. Asset Management, Property management Facility Management, Procurement of Real Estate Services & Legal aspects
- Strong customer orientation
- Proven communication skills including IT & social competency
- Commercial property experience
- Extensive professional experience with responsibility in manufacturing locations and functions
- You will be comfortable working in an international, multi-cultural team and capable of working effectively across department boundaries in a large organization.
- You possess excellent negotiation and communication skills in English, both written and verbally.
- In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time