For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Our Customer Service business seeks to hire several Technician Assistants that assist in servicing and repairing trains. The qualified candidate will mainly be responsible for helping technicians in reliability maintenance to ensure our locomotives are running correctly and helping with unscheduled repairs to our fleets of locomotives, coaches, and train sets. Position is located in West Palm Beach, FL, with the potential to relocate to Orlando, FLResponsibilities:
- Assist technicians in performing running maintenance on a fleet of locomotives, coaches, and train sets via maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assist technicians in performing Mechanical repairs, Electrical repairs, highly sophisticated Technical and Troubleshooting repairs on locomotives, coaches, and train sets
- Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to adhere to and maintain compliance and high-quality standards
- Responsible for keeping workstation and work areas clean and free of debris at all times
- Must be able to perform functions as needed, including forklift operation, body/welding/paint repair, and daily cleaning operations
- Develop a working relationship with the Customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and incidents have been reported and detailed in (CMMS) for compliance, issue tracking, and closure
- Maintain compliance to all Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) related safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Interact with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
- Experience with FRA relations
- Experience with engine and electrical systems
- Experience with HVAC and pneumatic air brake systems
- Experience with welding, including certifications
- ASQ Quality Certifications
- 1-2 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Who are we?
We make up 351,000 of the world's most intelligent minds. We create innovations that matter and champion the people who make them happen. It's the people who make our company – not the other way around. So, we give everyone a voice. We don't shout about things; our actions speak loudly enough. We share ideas and talk about what's coming next. Because we're making the future, and we invite you to join us!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.