The Digital Grid Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes its way – every step of the way!
Energy systems are changing dramatically and in the world of digitalization, automation, and electrification the Digital Grid portfolio has products, solutions, and services to meet the most demanding challenges.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
Scope of Position:
The successful candidate is a technical expert, who will be responsible for fostering growth and generating orders for substation automation and protection products/systems either direct or through channels in the assigned territory for the Utility Markets in the MidWest. This is a technical sales role, and the main metrics are orders, quarter over quarter growth, pilots, and homologation of SIPROTEC and SICAM platform in Utilities. This role will leverage technical skillsets, business acumen and thought leadership in order to deliver best in class products and solutions to customers.
The following responsibilities and skills describe the requirements for this position:
- Works in close collaboration with the internal sales organizations inside Siemens along with reps and channel partners to drive product and system sales (Substation Automation Systems, SDFA, Micro Grid Controls ,Protection and Automation Products)
- Develop new technical and business skillsets in order to better serve customers.
- Leverage the reach and relationship of the account managers to make strong technical pitches for the products and systems with the goal of increasing orders.
- Identifies new prospects either independently or in close collaboration with the regional sales organizations
- Develop a go to market strategy to drive profitable salesfor protection, automation, and power quality products/systems either direct or through Integrators. Channels include, but are not limited to, panel builders, OEMs, distributors, contractors, testing firms, reps, EPC’s, consultants, etc.
- Works closely with EPCs and consultants to influence specifications and generate sales
- Drive technical sales activities including proposals, pricing, risk assessments, and technical sales strategies.
- Serve as a technical resource for all internal and external partners.
- Participate in account planning activities to ensure the best technical solution strategies for growth are established and implemented through value proposition development.
- Support the product life-cycle management process by creating technical requirement documentation based on local market needs. To be used for the development or adaptation of future products, solutions, and systems.
- Provide technical guidance and training to customers and provide associated recommendations for ongoing business growth.
- Lead strategic and pricing discussions with HQ to maximize market share for products and systems.
- Leverage the application engineering team with end users and channels to showcase Siemen’s technology and capabilities.
- Leverage the application engineering team for advanced training on products and systems.
- Partner with peers to develop best practices within the sales organization
- Facilitate white paper development with end users or channels either independently or in partnership with the application engineering team.
- Participate in industry trade shows including strategy development for targeted shows in the territory.
- Partner with end users and the application engineering team to drive pilot projects.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in the domain of substation automation and protection. A Masters in EE with a Power Systems focus and 2+ years of experience can be substituted in lieu of 5+ years of experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the design and configuration of different substation, automation and protection systems with a core understanding of protection algorithms and automation platforms
- Strong technical knowledge of transmission and distribution equipment and grid operations
- An MBA is an advantage
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead vision and strategy for the assigned territory
- Strong digital sales and marketing skills to expand reach and build brand recognition
- Ability to work in teams and engage with management to influence customers to drive sales
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Strong customer management and relationship skills across all levels to have high brand recognition for Siemens with customers
- 5 years of sales and business development experience in substation automation and protection products and systems is desired.
* The Territory Sales /BDM Manager can live anywhere within the territory on the MidWest. Not required to live in the city listed.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.