Job description: IT Project Management Office (PMO) Specialist
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independently managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Basic Purpose - Project
Management Office (PMO)
Global PMO aims to build repeatable processes and techniques for IT Project Management that will work to build a culture focused on business value and quality of project results.
We establish reliable processes for IT Project Management, tracking and reporting and we provide a PM framework, where new hires can be quickly brought up to speed on how best to get project work done in our organization.
We are responsible for compliance with our IT Project Management and quality standards, provide targeted support to project managers in planning and implementation of their projects, and give them coaching and tailored trainings to execute the IT projects to business expectations.
PMO takes the responsibility to check the quality of project KPIs. This broad view provides a project portfolio dashboard of the status of all projects that it maintains, and oversight so that when projects in the dashboard go “red”, it might suggest or solicit remedies.
including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risks, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations, accurately manage budgets, run team meetings and provide minutes.
- · Ability to support multiple projects at the same time and provide day-to-day level support to assigned projects in a global context.
- · Experienced in conducting project reviews, identifying most important problem areas for improvement, and implementing solutions where appropriate.
- · Experienced in driving continuous improvement of Project Management processes, identifying areas of improvement, and successfully applying best practices.
- · Builds and maintains strong working relationships with the Project Management Community.
- · Demonstrated ability to motivate project team, inspire teamwork, and take a leadership role.
Must be able to focus simultaneously on big
picture, details, and driving results.
- · Ensuring the project management KPI reporting are created according to the IT Project Management framework.
- · Using established project methodologies and tools to control, manage and track project KPIs (scope, quality of deliverables, timeline, costs, risks, benefit).
- · Support of project teams in maintaining project plans and repositories and in the use of introduced project management tools and methods (Sharepoint online, Microsoft Azure DevOps, Microsoft Teams, PlanView).
- · In your role as PMO Specialist you will report to the head of our Project Management Office within our CIO Office.
certification is required.
- Agile certification (e.g. CSM, A-CSM or CSP-SM) is required.
in managing projects in an Agile environment is a plus.
- 7 to 11 years
of IT Project Management experience.
- Four years’
experience in managing large enterprise IT projects or IT programs with
experience managing mixed global project teams.
degree in computer science or IT, Master’s degree is a plus.
at utilizing Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, or Azure
working with a Project Management tool is a plus.
verbal and written communication skills.
calmly under pressure with the ability to coordinate and manage complex
projects and organize workloads in a structured way within tight deadlines.
organizational and time management skills.
independently with minimal input from direct manager.
- Very good
English skills (minimum C1).
- Very good
intercultural communication and collaboration skills with minimum 4 years of
experience in international collaboration.
to work with people in different time zones, e.g. Europe.
- Willingness to travel.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time