We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Bid Engineer for our Large Drives Applications who will be located in İstanbul and will be responsible for technical and commercial bid preparations for projects in cement and mining industries.
Large Drive Applications stands worldwide for future-proof drive technology, automation technology, industrial software and services based on innovative technology platforms. What we offer you is the chance to really make a difference. Take the next step in your career with us. Get exciting insights into LDA's portfolio.
What are my responsibilities?
- You understand the customer requirements from tenders/RFP/RFI/RFQ and determine most technical appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
- In the team, you will take over the technical offer preparation within the time, cost & quality framework (including specifications) and preparation of cost estimates of technical solutions for project-based business.
- Furthermore, you clarify and coordinate with subcontractors and obtain offers for internal and external materials and services in collaboration across the various teams (i.e Procurement Group).
- You support the sales team with regard to preparing the list of technical deviations and clarifications, preparing comments to customer’s technical specifications including relevant documents related to bid submission and ensuring all proposals follow relevant Siemens procedures and guidelines, terms and conditions.
- The independent (further) development, elaboration and introduction of quotation standards (product descriptions, contract conditions, standard calculations, etc.) for the area of responsibility is carried out in close cooperation with the global processing unit (OEC) and is also part of your tasks.
- You will need to build up relationships with the key technical people in your customers' organization.
- You prepare / review the preparation of the work schedule, providing manhours and equipment requirement for each activity and also ensure correctness to capture anticipated durations and man-power planning.
- You manage operational aspects of a technical and commercial tender, preparing documentation for handover to project managers.
- You analyze customer needs, general market trends and information provided by the sales team to build best fit solutions in offers.
- You identify and evaluate possible technical risks, assess influences on the technical solutions and initiate appropriate measures.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering as well as minimum 3 years of professional experience in Bids in project business including MV & LV Switchgears, Transformers, MV & LV Motors and Drives, Automation Systems, Field Instrumentation, Installation Materials, Engineering, Installation and Commissioning scopes.
- You are motivated to systematically familiarize yourself with new topics and tasks.
- Comprehensive technical and technological knowledge of the process technologies, preferably in the mining and cement industry.
- Basic knowledge of commercial and contract law would be desirable.
- You have experience in specifying requirements for the electrification and automation projects and third-party products.
- You have business fluent language skills in English.
- A willingness to travel.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time