OEM Technical Operations/Strategic Project Lead
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an OEM Technical Operations/Strategic Project Lead. This position involves systematic troubleshooting of complex manufacturing and supplier issues related to consumable products for healthcare diagnostic tests (such as system control products, plastic consumables, packaging, etc.). The incumbent will be responsible for participating in root cause analysis efforts, identifying process/equipment improvements, and working with external manufacturers.
This is role is well-suited to an ambitious
professional looking for the next step in your career. As an OEM Technical Operations/Strategic Project Lead
you will be
- Working with key external suppliers to ensure the robustness of their processes and adherence to FDA and ISO 13485 quality system requirements.
- Applying advanced specialized technical knowledge to a broad range of problems.
- Participating in and conducting SWARM and Root Cause Analysis sessions.
- Designing and conducting experiments to identify process issues related to undesirable product performance, and identifying resolutions for those issues.
- Applying principals of lean manufacturing and driving continuous improvement activities to meet quality, cost and supply requirements.
- Conducting/directing needed validation and verification activities to ensure project completion within expected parameters and time frame.
- Participating in supplier audits.
- Chairing the OEM Product Support teams (Advantus, hCG and Urine strips), as well as updating all project activities in Brightworks.
- Spearheading the change management process with OEM external supply base.
- Acting as Siemens point person for all OEM external supplier validations (review protocols and test reports to ensure robustness of validations).
- Organizing and conducting cross-functional and intra-company meetings on operational and technical topics, publish associated minutes and track action item completion.
- Leading strategic projects focused on delivery of quality improvements, supply risk mitigations and productivity savings.
- Must be able to verbally communicate clearly and directly with suppliers, colleagues, and upper management.
- Must also be able to provide well-written, coherent progress updates, as well as validation plans and reports.
Experience and requirements for success in this role:
- Mechanical Engineer or Chemical Engineer degree or equivalent
- Minimum experience: 5-7 years
- Manufacturing process integration
- Successful troubleshooting, root cause analysis and resolution of manufacturing issues
- Excellent business interactions with key suppliers
- Experience in medical device industry and in conducting audits strongly preferred
- Very organized and highly self-motivated
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Highly effective and influential interactions in team-based assignments
- Works well with people from other cultures
- This position will require significant domestic and international travel
- Successful project management experience
- Knowledge of medical devices, Lean/Six Sigma certifications a plus
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.