Senior Project Controller
This position will be part of the finance team for the Analytical Product Segment located in Houston, TX
The Project Controller / Commercial Project Manager teams up and supports the respective Project Manager in other areas with the objective of executing the project according to the defined PM @ Siemens guidelines/standards, customer requirements and the applicable Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG). A professional collaboration between the CPM and the Project Manager is key for the overall project success.
The ideal candidate will execute for the completion of all project commercial / financial related matters, including but not limited to handling Accounting, Legal, Tax, and Export Compliance and Control topics. Senior Project controller / Commercial Project manager (CPM) ensures the compliance of applicable regulations during the offer and project execution phase.
- Drives own empowerment with adequate signature authorization and project target agreement to manage the project as commercial project entrepreneur to cover all financial and commercial topics.
- Supports the PM in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments)
- Ensures an adequate handover phase, analyzes customers’ requirements, examines their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability and ensuring clarity in customer deliverables.
- Drives the review and evaluation of the contract conditions incl. all attachments, ensures examination by Legal
- Supports the PM and ensures correct methodology for identifying, evaluating, assessing risks & opportunities, strategies and response activities
- For cross border projects, synchronizes contract structure with tax and delegation concept, preparation and signature of collaboration mandatory documents
- Ensures the accuracy of cost and pricing calculation as well as overall project books and records, incl. recording of such in appropriate systems, e.g. SAP
- Monitor Budget vs actual on a monthly basis, report variances and proactively identify risks and drive appropriate mitigation initiatives.
- Performs applicable requirements for month end activities, revenue management and other topics associated to project accounts impacting financial statements.
- Prepares commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data.
- Ensures the application and the continuously managing of financial Guarantees, Bonds and project securities
- Supports Project Manager in identifying, minimizing non-conformance costs and establishing an appropriate reporting structure; supports the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organization in general
- Manage the risks, contract and claims by ensuring compliance with Limits of Authority guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process
- Ability to interpret and execute contract (customer and supplier) terms and conditions.
- Ensures compliance with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience BS/BA in finance and accounting.
- 5 years hands on working proficiency with SAP FI / CO and PS Module.
- Small (USD 100K to USD 2M) or ‘C’ (USD 2M to USD 50M) Project controlling experience
- The candidate should have demonstrated skills to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Relevant experience in Project budget planning and reporting, actual vs forecast and schedule management, management reviews, financial reporting, risk management and cash flow management.
- Knowledge of interpreting contracts, and FRG Guidelines for Projects and revenue management.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines is required
- May require 10% travel
- Certification requirement**
**Siemens CPM Certification or PMP Certification will be required to be obtained within the first 12 months
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advance Degree MBA or CPA preferred
- Tableau and Dashboards experience is a plus
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of assignments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- 5-7 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- May require 10% travel
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.