Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? We offer intelligent and efficient mobility solutions for urban, interurban, and freight transportation. We're looking to empower people who want to seek the challenges facing society and make real what matters most.
Join our team! We're recognized by Fortune as World's Most Admired Companies 2020.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture where every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and group achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.Position overview:
The Mobility Rail Infrastructure Electrification business unit regularly bids on projects to supply electrical substation and overhead catenary equipment in the North American rail market. The Bid Manager is responsible for preparing budgetary and binding technical and price proposals in response to Requests for Proposals from our customers (Civil/Electrical Contractors, Railway Agencies, Consultants, etc.).
Together with the Head of Sales and Proposals and Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating the preparation of the bid taking into account the defined proposal and business strategy aiming to maximize the probability to win and secure the opportunity.
The position reports to the Head of Sales and Proposals of our Rail Infrastructure Electrification Unit. The scope of work consists mainly of:
- Coordinate efforts with the engineering, production, and procurement department within the organization to successfully prepare the bid on time and to the customer requirements;
- Receives and reviews the RFP/RFQ documents from the Customer and evaluates the scope of our bid and the requirements that will need to be aligned with to prepare a competitive and compliant proposal;
- Reviews Technical Specifications and Drawings that are part of the RFP/RFQ and develops a work breakdown structure, scope, or bill of materials and prepares a detailed cost calculation sheet;
- Prepares technical bid package for vendors and coordinates with procurement to acquire vendor proposals, and reviews vendor proposal with Engineering and Procurement for technical and contractual compliance to schedule cost comparison to determine most beneficial vendor;
- Contribute to negotiations with suppliers and vendors.
- Provides first estimation for project management, testing, and construction hours needed for delivering the project and coordinates approvals with respective managers of the teams.
- Prepare high-level project delivery schedule (MS-Project) based on proposal scope, conciliating customer, vendor, and delivery needs;
- Coordinate proposal risk reviews to ensure all the critical items are identified and considered within the proposal calculation
- Works with engineering to prepare high-quality proposal write-ups consolidating all the relevant and vital technical and commercial information to respond to the RFP/RFQ.
- Coordinates internal approval process for proposals release with exposure to local and global senior management.
- Coordinate resources and monitors and reports progress and landmarks regularly to all partners.
- Responsible for meeting all project milestones and technical objectives during the proposal stage. Supervise the budget adherence and may take actions to minimize non-conformance costs.
- Ensure accurate documentation of proposals results and all products or technologies delivered.
- Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering preferred;
- Ability to navigate within a sophisticated matrixed organization with validated records of achieving successful results and delivering quality proposals to internal/external partners.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team of specialists/Engineering
- Preferred experience within Rail, Utility, Oil and Gas, Wind or Mobility industry working with: Prefabricated Power Substation, Power Distribution; Medium and Low Voltage Power Distribution, High voltage equipment, DC Traction Power equipment or equivalent.
- Preferred experience with Light Rail Transit projects and proposals; experience with customers from rail industry as technical sales interface, with a clear understanding of bid process and risk management and ability to review and interpret technical specification and electrical drawings
- Work experience as project manager and bid manager for big projects within Rail Industry is a plus.
- Minimum of 7-10 years work experience with 5 Years in electrical substation engineering, project management, or estimating.
- Amount of travel with the position <10%
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.