About the role
Now’s our time to inspire the future of grid together.
Siemens T is looking for a young R&D talented and motivated individual to serve as a Data research scientist to create added-value service for end-customer of power grid. The individual will contribute to the overall objectives of the department and will be a hands-on technical resource to a variety of cross-functional teams and global/local project initiatives. The candidate will have to have a solid background in key technologies with a focus on data mining, data fusion, system design and implementation experience. The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated professional that enjoys innovation in power automation solution. This person will be inspired by technology and its use in an ever changing, fast paced environment.
· Technical survey by International literature & patent study, e.g., the application of power grid data.
· Innovation and pre-development for data-based future automation technology, especially on power automation.
· Create data models optimized for data science initiatives and/or end user analytical reporting needs
· Combined with Siemens products, explore effective solution/algorithm for value-added service of end-customer, related to Internet of things.
· Efficiently collaborate with external teams including sales, marketing, and finance
· Participate in daily stand-up, sprint review and sprint planning sessions
Professional and personal qualifications:
· Master+ degree in Automation, Computer Science, machining learning, pattern recognition or related electric major.
· Skills in software development for industrial/power grid control application, e.g., energy efficiency analysis& optimization, model development, condition monitoring, and online data analytics. Programing skills in one or more of C++, Java, Pathon, Matlab.
· Basic knowledge of power distribution device, power system evaluation, and energy efficiency topic.
· Solid skills of applying AI for power automation and intelligent power distribution is preferred, including algorithm research or development experience of knowledge graph, deep learning, reinforcement learning and optimal control.
· Familiar with big data knowledge, including data management, integration, security, and data processing, etc.
· Familiar with agile development process. Basic knowledge in Project management.
· Strong English presentation skills.
· Strong self-study ability, analytical ability, problem-finding, problem-solving ability.
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time