Azure SysOps - Infrastructure
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
· Responsible for Operations and infrastructure management (up to the OS level) for solutions running on Azure IaaS
· Responsible for System administration (Linux / Windows Server)
· Manage and troubleshoot Azure Infrastructure
· Monitor Event and Incident management
· Change management
· Patch management
· Deployment automation and scripting on Windows and Linux servers (e.g. automated security hardening)
· Orchestration with Ansible
· Write How To’s and tutorials for internal and customer use
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Proficient networking skills (e.g. TCP, Routing, DNS, Firewalling)
· Windows and Linux systems administration Experience
· Ability to Automate/scripting with PowerShell, Bash, Python
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Detail-oriented, strong work ethic and high standard of excellence
· Must be able to work on multiple projects and consistently meet project deadlines
· Familiar with working independently, in a virtual global team
· Business English
· Beneficial: IT security trainings and certifications (e.g.: CISSP, CCSP), Terraform experience, Microsoft Certification in Azure Administrator Associate or similar, ITIL
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time