Mentor Graphics® is a leader in automation software for electrical and electronic industries. We enable companies to develop better products faster and more efficiently. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly sophisticated worlds of electrical, PCB and chip design.
Mentor’s IESD division develops CAPITAL, a software suite used globally by automotive and aerospace manufacturers and wire harness suppliers to improve their electrical distribution system (EDS) design and manufacturing flows.
We have multiple open positions for Lead software developer to join our Engineering team. The successful candidate will be required to work within a team using agile SCRUM methodology and implementing user stories. The candidate will strive to ensure that the stories are developed with the highest levels of quality within the sprint.
As a software development engineer in the Electrical Systems Division of Mentor Graphics, the incumbent is required to understand, design and implement solutions for the electrical systems domain.Change the future with Us
- Interact with marketing to transform requirements into software specifications
- Design and implement the functionality for the requirements
- Participate in code/design reviews and continuous improvement of product line
- Interact with co-workers and customers to improve the quality of the product
- Provide support to customer services group for addressing customers issues
- Strong in Java, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design
- Technically strong in Web Technologies (CSS, HTML 5, Java script)
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks like Angular & React
- Exposure to writing effective unit tests
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to understand the design and contribute to the design process
- Highly self-motivated with an eagerness to learn and take initiatives
- Follow software development best practices, lifecycle and methodologies
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Engineering graduate or post-graduate, preferably from CS background.
This role is based in Chennai. But you’ll also get to visit other locations in India and globe, so you’ll need to go where this job takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time