- Develop custom SCADA programs using a standards-based approach.
- Work with the engineering team to design project specific SCADA control and monitoring screens.
- Create custom graphics that match the look and feel of company standards, with emphasis on situational awareness.
- Complete all programming projects in a timely manner.
- Setup and configure customer computers with the required settings.
- Provide troubleshooting support for our Hingham MA and Broken Arrow OK factory facilities as well as Field Service Engineers.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of the SCADA programming standards.
- We need a professional with applicable degree in Automation and Control Engineering or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience.
- Strong understanding of SCADA Network Architecture including but not limited to Redundant PLC Controllers, Network Address Translation (NAT) Routers, and all associated network protocols.
- Basic understanding of Emergency Power Switchgear System, and Automatic Transfer Switch operation. This includes, but is not limited to No-Load Tests, ATS Load Tests, Manual/Auto Load Control, and Generator Demand.
- Ability to develop and support highly accurate custom SCADA programming for Switchgear Systems.
- Install, setup, and configure our standard reporting software for each SCADA project.
- Load a PLC program for the purpose of bench testing SCADA software for tag errors, etc…
- Basic understanding of Utility/Generator Switchgear System operation. This includes, but is not limited to Open Transition Transfers, 100ms Overlap Transfers, Soft Loading Transfers, Transfer Failures, and Electrical Events while the Generators are paralleled with a Utility Source.
- Configure SCADA software and hardware for use with single or multiple monitors using a ‘PC Node Name’ configurable approach.
- Develop and support software that simulates manual operation (switchgear door mounted Lights, Buttons, Switches, Analog Meters, etc…) for Switchgear Systems.
- Understanding of PLC logic, allowing the opportunity to interpret code, search variables, and troubleshoot problems.
- Recreate legacy HMIs using modern SCADA standards. This new SCADA program will be implemented to an on-line facility, and can’t be fully tested on site. For this reason it must be fully tested in house.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time