Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Scientist.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional looking for the next step in your career. As a Senior Scientist you will be responsible for:
- Utilizing your specialized chemistry and general scientific knowledge and skills to lead one or more R&D projects developing state of the art electrochemical assays and accompanying processes for measurement of analytes in blood in a point of care setting.
- Participating in troubleshooting and structured problem solving of complex scientific problems and finding innovative solutions that keep Siemens’ new product development projects competitive with other industry players, on time, and on budget.
- Developing analytical methods and processes to support design transfer activities from R&D to manufacturing.
- Working closely with engineering and manufacturing colleagues in optimizing processes, and in the integration of new chemistry assays onto instrument prototypes.
- Providing technical leadership and coaching to junior scientists through demonstration of scientific rigor and critical thinking abilities.
- Regularly writing scientific summary reports and presenting results to colleagues.
This position may suit you best if you are proficient with the below skills and would like to develop your career with Healthineers:
- You have R&D experience in assay development in the medical diagnostics field.
- You have breadth and depth of knowledge around electrochemistry principles and techniques, and experience in applying them in sensor development.
- You have experience developing analytical methods and scaling-up processes to support design transfer activities from R&D to manufacturing.
- You have proven technical leadership skills in an R&D setting in leading small teams developing new assays and processes.
- You are innovation-oriented and intellectually curious, and have the ability to connect findings from disparate studies to advance scientific understanding.
- You are proficient in utilizing Microsoft Excel and Minitab etc. to analyze complex data sets.
- You have proven ability in writing high quality scientific reports and in delivering oral presentations.
- You have a team mindset and excel in open, transparent communication.
Skills required for success in this role:
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, or related discipline, or a Masters degree with 5+ years industry experience.
- Assay development experience in an R&D setting.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Minitab, and other data analysis applications.
- Good teamwork, communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skills.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.