At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This role reports directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, and will work in a team environment that provides support and guidance to ensure that Strategic Procurement is effectively serving its internal stakeholders.Position Overview
The purpose of this role is to enable a culture of spending discipline for the IT Software category via the employment of efficient, effective and best in class strategic sourcing, contract management, negotiation and supplier management practices and leveraging identified Siemens implemented technology.
The Commodity Manager is responsible for performing industry research and monitoring global business environments in order to develop, align, and execute strategic commodity plans for the IT Software category spend.Responsibilities
Develop sustainable sourcing strategies for the IT Software spend globally that include spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, and strategic importance and client requirements
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending in order to make recommendations for the future in line with client needs
- Identify and evaluate procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid business exposure and exploit potential opportunities
- Identify and evaluate business risks in contracts and advice the business owner of supplier’s performance obligations to mitigate said risk
- Develop supplier analysis and market intelligence. Develop deep understanding of Services category in order to control the company’s purchased services costs and to assure an adequate source of supply
- Define purchasing recommendations that are in line with business goals, in collaboration with stakeholders and partner organizations (finance, legal)
- Negotiate pricing, key terms, and conditions of sale with key suppliers and vendors, negotiating and managing contracts and agreements for the Services category
- Deliver and validate savings by building and owning relationships with internal customers of IT Software category globally
- Effectively communicate the company’s long-term procurement strategies including benefits of supplier collaboration to team members and key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of related procurement / supply chain experience
- Strategic Sourcing and Project Management experience needed
- Experience working and demonstrated experience influencing stakeholders and business partners Advanced contracting skills critical - knowledge of contracting principles, laws, regulations and industry. Demonstrated ability of executing contracts.
- Experience with online negotiations (electronic Auctions) and with developing, publishing and conducting Request for Proposal (RFP) needed
- Experience in preparing reports for management & peers to educate and communicate on issues, opportunities and new initiatives
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.