We are seeking a dynamic Software Engineer to join our Sustainable Automation Solutions Research Group and support our Siemens business units and end customers in the US. The right person will have a strong technical background in IT and OT technologies and a passion for working with customers and solving challenges in manufacturing industries with innovative solutions! This position is open to remote workers across the US.
In the role as Software Engineer, you will
- Develop applications for the Siemens Industrial Edge platform and devices tailored to industrial manufacturing challenges
- Develop sophisticated, high-performance software applications (C++ / C#/ Java / Python)
- Apply cutting edge research findings and technologies to address industry challenges in product-grade applications
- Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components
- Assess technical feasibility of potential customer co-creation projects
- Perform complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs
- Complete technical solution co-creation for the development and implementation of customer solutions
- Consult with appropriate groups for complex domestic and international projects
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS required in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / related fields. MS is a plus.
- 5+ years of research experience in software engineering field with programming skills in C / C++ / Python is required
- Knowledge of (real time) operating systems (e.g. Linux)
- Knowledge of docker, and preferably Kubernetes
- Knowledge of CI/CD, Flask, React/Angular, Agile, buffering and multi-threading required
- Proficiency in common software development processes and architectures
- Real-world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Ability to independently execute proof of concepts and customer projects including the tools listed above
- Ability to understand, articulate, position and present the value of Siemens Industrial Edge solutions and developments in the context of manufacturing industries
- Knowledge of math, statistics, and algorithms is a plus
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
About Us Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key. Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development. We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life. We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility. At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.