Do you want to be part of making our society “greener”? Do you want to be part of the Digitalization and help to reduce our carbon footprint? eMeter, a Siemens business, leads one of the major products of Digital Grid Software business unit – EnergyIP®. With its solutions around Meter Data Management, we help solving key problems for the Electric, Gas, Water and Heat industry.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We are looking for a strong, experienced professional to join our Product Management team as Commercial Lead. This senior level position will be responsible for the monitoring and shaping of the commercials of our EnergyIP Meter Data Management (MDM) product portfolio suite including the pricing, contracting, and business case management. This is a cross functional role and will require working with other teams including sales, finance, legal, R&D, partners and other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has a strong business background, understands the challenges of product management for utility enterprise software, experience with pricing for on premise and SaaS delivery models, and experience developing and maintaining contracts.
You will report to the EnergyIP MDM portfolio head of product management.
- Oversee the MDM SaaS Product Launch working with marketing, sales, partners, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Research relevant markets and conduct detailed competitor product analyses, technology, market development, etc.
- Monitor progress against the MDM SaaS business case.
- Manage the business performance of the MDM SaaS offering balancing the cost factors with the revenue.
- Monitor and adjust the value flow with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with sales on standard pricing and handle the pricing exceptions process.
- Monitor contracting terms to align with industry best practice, market needs, and product capabilities.
- Participate in sales and contracting activities. Educate internal and external stakeholders on the differences among on premise, hosted, and SaaS models and set appropriate expectations.
- Work with partners and implementation teams on the division of responsibility during deployment and operations with the MDM SaaS model.
- Work with the Customer Success Managers and department leads to monitor the financial health of MDM SaaS projects and operations.
- Provide guidance to the Customer Success Managers to ensure contract compliance and help process contract changes and amendments as necessary.
- Work with the Product Managers and R&D teams to identify gaps and process improvements to our MDM SaaS offering.
Qualifications (Experience, Knowledge/Skills, and Education)
- 10+ years of experience in the software, SaaS or utility domain.
- Experience in utility markets, specifically with AMI Metering, Billing, and Smart Grid processes.
- Experience developing complex pricing strategies including setting market price, establishing discounts, and managing pricing exceptions. Pricing experience with enterprise software license and SaaS offerings preferred.
- Experience in contract development, negotiations, and management. Contract experience with enterprise software license and SaaS offering preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams to achieve common goals.
- Experience in facilitating change, without direct authority, in a large organization, preferably within the commercial software product industry
- Experience with customer management and escalations in software projects.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and deliver results.
- Ability to translate business strategy into tactical plans and willingness to own execution to completion.
- Knowledge and experience in agile software development process and SaaS solutions.
- Highly flexible with the ability to execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization.
- Deep professional know-how in monitoring business performance metrics.
- Comfortable working with technical details as well as business and strategic topics.
- B.S. in Computer Science and/or Engineering, or other fields related to business. MBA or strong business leadership experience preferred.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.