Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
We require an experienced Commissioning Technician to join our team in our team. Commissioning Technician will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation diesel locomotives or coaches. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the World and we are working together with the customer on site to achieve the main goals for the warranty period. You will be mainly responsible for commissioning and troubleshooting, repairing and improving our vehicles to achieve a high customer satisfaction and reliability. Being strong electrical and enjoying working full hands makes you successful in this position.
- Commissioning and Warranty of locomotives and/or coaches.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of failures on locomotives or coaches.
- Perform with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components.
- Use laptops with subsystem software to troubleshoot various systems onboard the locomotives.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive or coach control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information to identify the Root cause of a failures and compile reports for your site lead and warranty manager.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Implementation of Field Modifications (FMI’s) to improve the quality of our product.
- Document failures, part exchanges, implementation of FMI’s and your performed work in our Commissioning and Warranty data base.
- Communicate in a team, to the site lead and colleagues, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements and other work-related information.
- Receive and send out failed parts for repair. RMA
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Working full hands-on.
What will you need to succeed?
- post-secondary education or Technical Diploma in Electrical, mechanical, industrial or related field
- minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Must be proficient in reading and working with electrical, pneumatic, mechanical circuit diagrams to troubleshooting failures in the affected system
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Strong in electrical field
- Must hold a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Field Service or Operations experience in the railroad industry an asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.