Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As the Project Engineer Supervisor with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will lead, inspire, and develop the Project Engineering Team as they create and improve low- and medium-voltage switchgear control and distribution systems.
Your team will design specialized equipment that makes the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will provide solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
The Project Engineering Supervisor is responsible for organization, scheduling, and productivity of the Project Engineering Team assigned to them in the development of, and modification to, custom Low & Medium Voltage Switchgear Control & Distribution Systems. Specific duties of this Team are to process orders once released from the Clean Order Review and Submittal Team. This includes producing schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, and bills of materials and supporting the Operations and Field Service Teams in the construction and startup of the equipment.
- Supervise and lead a team of Project Engineers, Electrical Designers, and CAD Operators. Your leadership mission includes interviewing, hiring, training, inspiring, and developing this creative squad, while ensuring a productive, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Review Sales Order Entry Packages (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Materials, etc.) for accuracy and assign to the team.
- Provide an estimated completion schedule for every project and assignment for the Team.
- Work with other Team Leaders to handle the dynamic scheduling needs of the department and improving department standards.
- Partner with other departments (Electrical, Mechanical, Programming, Purchasing, etc.) to improve company procedural standards.
- Provide ongoing support to the Test and Field Service Departments.
- Participate in Pre-Submittal and Submittal Review Meetings as required to obtain Project releases, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- Ability to travel 20%
- Experience in the design of electrical power control circuits with a strong understanding of diesel generator control and switchgear system operation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Proficiency with Electrical CAD software required - Promis.e and AutoCAD preferred
- Knowledge of PLC-based and relay-control logic, electrical metering, protective relaying, and SCADA systems required; programming experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Good interpersonal skills and influencing people are important requirements in the job
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in complex/matrix organizations with multiple responsibilities and drivers desired
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.