Job Description: Software Test Engineer
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
As part of our Java Development Team, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems of a web-based java application in the business area of Siemens Mobility project management.
- You are part of an agile and highly motivated DevOps team
- Test current products and identifying deficiencies
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Investigate product quality to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Plan, create and manage the overall tests scenario and related documentation
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Collect quality data
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Members
- You will support the end users by handling incidents. You provide the end user with information and support (troubleshooting, guidance) related to technical topics and also business topics.
What do I bring with me?
- The cornerstone of your professional success is a degree in IT, informatics, or business informatics. Alternatively, you can show a comparable training in conjunction with corresponding additional qualifications
- 1 - 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or Test Engineer
- Broad experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies, Behavior-Driven Development
- Experience with software QA tools and processes like: Selenium/JMeter, Blaze Meter, Gatling/JUnit, Mockito/TestNG/Cucumber/Jasmine, Jest
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player & B2 English is mandatory
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time