Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Software Development Engineer to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.Main Responsibilities
- Develop software Models for Hardware devices.
- Create SystemC TLM 2.0 models on Vista tool that can be used to create Virtual Platforms.
- Test the models using existing processor models (Generic/ARM-based Fast Models).
- Verify the models functionality versus behavior model and/or RTL using SystemC and/or UVM/SystemVerilog.
- Apply unit testing/debug.
- Execute the implementation/test plan.
- Integrate SystemC models to build Virtual Platform.
- Build Virtual Platform for Hardware designs on the System Level.
- Load/Boot Linux/Mentor Embedded Linux (MEL) on the Virtual Platform.
- Simulate and Debug Customer’s Software on the Virtual Platform.
- The model list will be defined and prioritized based on customer requests (targeting ARM and PPC Multi-Core architectures) [examples are: DMA, TIMERs, SSP, UART, SPI/QSPI, Flash Memory, Caches, Ethernet Controller, I2C, DDR Controller, GPIO, SD Card Controller, etc.].
- Write professional Functional Specs and Design Documents.
- Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering [with minimum Very Good with honors degree].
- Experience in C/C++ Programming.
- Have the basic knowledge of digital circuits and digital design/systems.
- Having good background in programming using SystemC is a plus!
- Experience in Embedded Software Development is a huge plus!
- Strong experience in Embedded Linux Development.
- Solid experience in using Linux/Unix OS.
- Have good experience in scripting/scripting languages such as Make/Tcl/Perl.
- Being able to work with tight deadlines and meet schedules.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time