We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to create intelligent solutions and perfect places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
Our Digital Buildings Data Analytics team is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Product Manager who is eager to play with buildings data from all over the world and to drive the implementation of functionalities that provide meaningful insights to our customers. Your playground will consist of large data sets, the latest software technologies and impactful global software offerings, and you will work with a passionate team of data scientists, engineers, architects and product managers to build tomorrow’s data-driven products. Join us in creating environments that care!
Your new responsibilities
- Define and drive the overall data analytics product visions, considering strategic market opportunities, our competition, user pain points and needs, from prototype to productive implementation
- Explore the solution space and build first prototypes for new analytics products. Build, own and present the business cases associated with data-driven offerings, this across the whole Building Products Business Unit
- As our key person to launch the new global data analytics offerings, you track the implementation, test their performance, drive the integration, monitor their usage, and scale up quickly
- Define what success means for each feature before it goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define, measure and monitor success
- Work closely with the management, data scientists, regional counterparts, DevOps teams, product and portfolio managers to understand and prioritize requirements for new data-driven offerings. Also, contribute to building the data strategy and governance across the whole business unit
- Drive technical decisions with architects and R&D teams, including. architecture, design, technologies and data analytics methods
- Collaboratively work with multiple agile teams and SAFe release trains, across functions and global regions
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or higher in computer science or related field like natural science/applied mathematics, engineering is the right background for this role
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management functions is the core requirement here. This ideally combined with large-scale data analytics products, in combination with subjects related to Computer Science/Data Science/Cloud Architecture/Tech Operations
- Experience in creating strategic product roadmaps and driving the product vision, go-to-market strategies and design discussions from concept to launch. A consistent track record in gathering and transforming product requirements into a meaningful product brought to market
- Knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience with basic data analytics algorithms (incl. data mining, different types of learning: supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning; deep neural networks, etc.). You understand enterprise software and related services, like SaaS
- As you talk technology but also business, you can communicate complex quantitative models and processes in a concise manner to senior leaders and non-experts
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority across functions and countries. You are able to build constructive working relations with internal and external partners within a changing corporate environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English, German is a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en.
We look forward to receiving your complete application.
At Siemens, we always face the task of building a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse digital minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time