Title: Lead Research Engineer – Biostatistics
Location: Bangalore, India
Organization: Center for Innovation in Diagnostics, Bangalore
Mode of employment: Full time
Lead Research Engineer
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers confidence that they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum—from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
The Center for Innovation in Diagnostics Group of Siemens Healthineers at Bangalore, India is looking to recruit candidate who has a keen interest and passion for inter-disciplinary research and development in biostatistics, machine learning and integrated diagnostics. This person will be involved in hands-on development of statistical techniques and machine learning solutions on high complexity medical data to predict answers to healthcare challenges.
What are my responsibilities?
- Conduct research, design and implement algorithms using machine learning for analysis of data acquired through various diagnostic devices
- Implement algorithms in suitable high-level programming language
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to translate concepts and algorithms into implementable practical solutions of business relevance
- Advance the state-of-the-art including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
- Contribute to the group’s efforts in machine learning and decisioning sciences in the areas of integrated diagnostics and personalized healthcare
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Post-graduate degree (Ph.D. is preferred) in Biostatistics/Applied Statistics/Computer Science/Data Science with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge in statistics and machine learning
- Demonstrated ability in the application of Machine Learning/AI in large scale data problems
- Hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow or PyTorch is required
- Ability to write scripts in Python, R, C++ or similar high-level programming languages is required
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, self-directed, and a team player with an ability to take ownership and accountability of assigned tasks
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Healthineers is dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens Healthineers are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have further questions regarding this job offer, please post your resume mandatorily through the link mentioned.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time