Cyclotron Engineer – Nottingham City Hospital
Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Cyclotron Engineer to join our team.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
Siemens Healthineers provide products and solutions that increase efficiency and patient care and we remain the market leader in imaging, diagnostic and audiology solutions in the UK. As part of this division, PETNET is at the forefront of radiopharmaceutical production and molecular imaging. We’re working with some of the world’s leading research organisations – pioneering new biomarkers and changing nuclear medicine for physicians and patients. With over 50 radiopharmacies and distribution centres across the world, we’re the largest operator of PET pharmacies and we’re currently looking for a Cyclotron Engineer to join our team at Nottingham City Hospital.
This role will involve working some weekends, overnights and evenings. Working patterns can sometimes be unpredictable a high degree of flexibility is required.
The purpose of the role is to assist the Lead Cyclotron Engineer in operation of the cyclotron manufacturing processes to provide radioisotope for PET radiopharmaceutical production at the Nottingham City Hospital site. The role will assist to ensure that the requirements of Cyclotron Preventative Maintenance, Radiation Compliance, Health and Safety, Good Manufacturing Practice and licensing commitments are met.
- Perform manufacture of radioisotopes according to Marketing Authorisations and/or Specials license.
- Be on call during the night for manufacturing issues according to customer demands and business needs.
- Perform Cyclotron maintenance and checks.
- Perform maintenance and checks of chemistry modules
- Troubleshoot cyclotron production failures to reduce/eliminate downtime and achieve continued maximum delivery of product.
- Perform Plant room maintenance and checks.
- Service spare parts, maintain spares inventory and perform/arrange instrument calibrations.
- Work with other PETNET Cyclotron Engineers and Operators to ensure alignment of operational processes and back up capabilities across all PETNET sites.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in electrical, mechanical engineering, Physics, medical equipment services or equivalent experience.
- Experience in maintenance of cyclotron system
- High degree of flexibility and commitment to customer service pertaining to maintenance of cyclotron
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ensuring risks from work activities are properly controlled according to Health and Safety legislation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in maintenance of Siemens RDS111 system
- Experience in provision of PET radioisotope production for the commercial manufacture of PET radiopharmaceuticals.
- Practical experience of working with ionizing radiation.
- Working knowledge of GMP environment.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time