Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Bid Specialist (BS)/Applications Engineer (AE) develops designs of custom, complex Large AC Induction Motors. These motors can be low, medium, and high voltage, range in speeds from 3600rpm down to 360rpm, and be horizontal or vertical. BS/AEs help track complex orders to ensure that equipment, cost, and delivery objectives are met. They have extensive interaction with customers from start to finish from the initial proposal, through both legal and technical negotiations, order entry, manufacturing, and final test.
Primary function is to review and clarify complex customer specifications, creating a technically and commercially sound proposal for Siemens motors. This can include motor performance characteristics, driven equipment characteristics, operating parameters. Have knowledge of Siemens products to recommend alternatives or changes to customer specs to optimize Siemens’ product offering to meet customer needs.
Bid Specialists/Application Engineers are responsible for ensuring pricing accuracy as well as technical accuracy of quotations. When additional approval is required per company guidelines for unique designs or unusual commercial terms, the BS/AE is responsible to follow company compliance standards and obtain proper levels of management approval. Communication skills, diplomacy and promptness can be as critical as technical expertise. BS/AEs are the face of the company to the customer. They must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people, both internal and external. They can prepare and present technical presentations and papers to demonstrate Siemens motors capabilities and benefits.
• Evaluate quotation requests, to ensure that there is a business opportunity.
• Design special offers to meet customer requirements according to: Products (MV Motors & VFDs), Customer service (spares, field service, training), Solutions (Mining and cement)
• Coordinate and review the analysis and understanding of the information provided by customers involving different areas of the business (Engineering, PM, Sales, Finance), to ensure clarity and therefore compliance with all terms and / or contract specifications.
• Ensure that project information is complete. Ensure communication between different areas of LDA and immediate and efficient solution of any problem or deviation that arise during the project to ensure compliance.
• Negotiate possible changes and / or modifications and meet customer requirements fully.
• Clarify with the end customer or through sales agents missing or confusing information, so that customer expectations are fully met.
• Sticking to the Sales strategy defined by the Sales Manager for the performance and achievement of objectives, evaluating obtained information from tools and the market.
• Elaborate technical and commercial proposals to the customers, based on existing formats based, sticking to SIEMENS internal policies and procedures.
• Register, update and control all identified business opportunities.
• Negotiate, monitor, and make technical and commercial adjustments to our offers in order to successfully meet Sales targets.
• Effective communications
• Sense of urgency
• Sense of relevance
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Electrical, Control, Automation Engineering or similar.
• Fluent English.
• Knowledge/experience with MV Motors/VFDs, Mining and cement process.
• 3+ years exp in an application engineering role within the large motors industry or a directly related industry (pumps, drives, etc.)
• Experience writing technical and commercial proposals
• Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills with both internal and external customers
• Advanced Microsoft (Excel, Word, etc.) and general computer skills